- RSS Channel Showcase 4189862
- RSS Channel Showcase 9405206
- RSS Channel Showcase 5232380
- RSS Channel Showcase 2593463
Articles on this Page
- 09/02/14--08:00: _Welcome to Journals...
- 09/09/14--08:00: _Open-Access Publish...
- 09/11/14--08:00: _New Predatory Publi...
- 09/18/14--08:00: _Another OA Publishe...
- 09/25/14--08:00: _Scholarly Authors a...
- 09/30/14--08:00: _OA Publisher Disapp...
- 10/02/14--08:00: _An Editorial Board ...
- 10/07/14--08:00: _OA Medical Journal ...
- 10/09/14--08:00: _Ridiculous OA Journ...
- 10/16/14--08:00: _Two Agriculture Jou...
- 10/21/14--08:00: _Spam Email from Que...
- 10/28/14--08:00: _Shabby Indian Manag...
- 10/30/14--08:00: _New Bottom-Feeding ...
- 11/04/14--08:00: _Google Scholar is F...
- 11/06/14--08:00: _New Open-Access Onc...
- 11/11/14--08:00: _An Open-Access Publ...
- 11/18/14--08:00: _Open-Access Medical...
- 11/25/14--08:00: _Open-Access Physics...
- 12/16/14--08:00: _The Chinese Publish...
- 12/18/14--08:00: _The OMICS Publishin...
- 09/02/14--08:00: Welcome to Journals Club !
- 09/09/14--08:00: Open-Access Publisher Sends Extremely Annoying Spam Emails
- 09/11/14--08:00: New Predatory Publisher Copies Look and Feel of BioMed Central
- 09/18/14--08:00: Another OA Publisher Launches with 96 New Journals
- 09/25/14--08:00: Scholarly Authors are Increasingly Experiencing APC Fatigue
- 09/30/14--08:00: OA Publisher Disappears from Internet, Goes Out of Business
- 10/02/14--08:00: An Editorial Board Mass-Resignation — from an Open-Access Journal
- 10/07/14--08:00: OA Medical Journal Publishes Terrible Poem about Colitis
- 10/09/14--08:00: Ridiculous OA Journal Launches with Ridiculous Title
- 10/16/14--08:00: Two Agriculture Journals Share the Same Title
- 10/21/14--08:00: Spam Email from Questionable Journal Provides Comic Relief
- 10/28/14--08:00: Shabby Indian Management Megajournal Reveals Its Peer Review Process
- 10/30/14--08:00: New Bottom-Feeding OA Journal: American Research Thoughts
- 11/04/14--08:00: Google Scholar is Filled with Junk Science
- 11/06/14--08:00: New Open-Access Oncology Journal Has Big Ambitions
- 11/11/14--08:00: An Open-Access Publisher You Can See Through: Pyrex Journals
- 11/18/14--08:00: Open-Access Medical Publisher Has Contradictory Journal
- 12/18/14--08:00: The OMICS Publishing Group’s Empire is Expanding
Competition among open-access publishers is getting stronger and stronger. To survive, these publishers must invent new ways to stand out and attract more author fees from researchers. Journals Club & Co., based in the Indian state of Gujarat, markets each of its ten journals as a club, and it also promises to help promote its […]
denverjeffreyJournals Club & Co.dddddd
ClinMed International Library is an open-access publisher of 16 medical journals. This publisher stands out for the extremely poor use of language on its website and in its spam email. It appears the publisher uses automated translation software to translate its website content into English. A researcher forwarded one of ClinMed’s spam emails to me, […]
denverjeffreydddDeliberate greets ?ddd
BioMed Research is a brand-new open-access publisher based in India that recently launched with 21 open-access journals. The publisher copies the look, feel — and even the tagline — of the established OA publisher BioMed Central. This new publisher has a single, six-member editorial board for all 21 of its low-quality journals, and it promises […]
I have another large “fleet launch” of journals to report: Academia Research, based somewhere. The publisher launched recently with 96 brand new scholarly journals, most of them broadly focused. This publisher uses the gold open-access model and bills authors upon acceptance of a manuscript. It says, Fees and Charges: A handling fee of $550 will be […]
denverjeffrey96 journals ready and waiting.Academia Research 2
Article Processing Charges (APCs) are the fees charged to authors upon acceptance of their papers in gold (author pays) open-access journals, and authors are getting tired of paying these increasingly higher fees. This is called APC fatigue. A recent letter to the editor appearing in the Journal of the College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan […]
You spend a couple years carrying out some research, another year writing it up, and then you submit your research manuscript to an open-access publisher. It’s accepted, you pay the article processing charges, and then it is published online. A year later, the publisher goes out of business and all its published articles disappear forever. […]
denverjeffreyVictorQuest PublicationsVictorQuest PublicationsDid VictorQuest lift this logo from SEREN?
I learned recently of a mass-resignation from the editorial board of an open-access journal. The journal, Advances in Anthropology, is published by the troubled publisher Scientific Research Publishing (SCIRP). Here’s a screenshot (above) of the current editorial board. It has nine members plus the Editor-in-Chief Anatole Klyosov. I wrote to the former Editor-in-Chief, Dr. Fatimah […]
denverjeffreyBackward advance.Advances in AnthropologyAdvances in Anthropology editorial board
The International Journal of Medical Science Research and Practice (IJMSRP) is a new medical mega-journal that is probably published out of India, though the “contact us” page for the journal neglects to list a location. This journal is notable for publishing a one-page article that is a horrible poem about colitis. The poem is entitled […]
denverjeffreyThe International Journal of Medical Science Research and Practice (IJMSRP) is a new medical mega-journal that is probably published out of India, though the "contact us" page for the journal neglects to list a location. This journal is notable for publishing a one-page article that is a horrible poem about colitis. / The poem is entitled "Ulcerative Colitis," written by Dr. Sanjeev Narang, a professor in the — perhaps fittingly — Department of Pathology at the Index Medical College in Indore, India. Here are the first two lines of the poem: Begins in the rectum and backwards it goes No mercy to any part of colon it shows.Ulcerative Colitis poem
The world’s newest open-access journal is the Integrated Journal of British (IJBRITISH). If the journal’s name strikes you as strange, that’s because it is strange, just like the journal’s other aspects. Though the title implies a U.K. base, the journal makes no effort to mask its true headquarters location (as many South Asian OA publishers do): […]
denverjeffreydddYeah, right.Integrated Journal of British 3Copied?
As the surge of open-access journals continues, we are seeing more cases of journal title duplication. Here’s a case in which a one-man, Toronto-based OA outfit essentially copied the title of an established scholarly journal from a respected British publisher. Original journal: The Journal of Agricultural Science Copycat journal: Journal of Agricultural Science The original […]
The American Based Research Journal, which claims to be based in the UK, is providing researchers with some much needed comic relief by sending out a ridiculous spam email soliciting article manuscripts.The journal claims it partners with a university in New Jersey, and it claims its articles are indexed in Scribd and SlideShare, even though […]
denverjeffreyAmerican Based Research JournalAmerican Based Research Journal
The International Journal of Management Research and Review (IJMRR) is typical of the many low-quality and deceptive megajournals that are started up in India every week. This one stands out, however, for opening up a window into its review process, something that few predatory publishers do. On its “Reviewer Report” page, the journal displays this […]
denverjeffreyInternational Journal of Management Research and ReviewSubmit Reviewer ReportMr MandeepFees chart
American Research thoughts is a new open-access journal published by a Romanian-Indian team of two people. The title American Research Thoughts is not suitable for a professional scholarly journal, and the rest of the operation is unprofessional as well. The journal is published by Ecaterina Patrascu from Romania, and Kishor V Shetti, from India. In fact, […]
denverjeffreyAmerican Research ThoughtsAmerican Research Thoughts 2.jpgAmerican Research Thoughts 3.jpgART ISSNEuropean Academic Research
Google Scholar is the world’s largest and most-used academic search engine, yet it is increasingly becoming polluted with junk science, making it a potentially dangerous database for anyone doing serious research, from students to scientists. The problem is that Google Scholar aims to be comprehensive, indexing articles from as many scholarly appearing journals as […]
The brand-new mega oncology journal Cancer Research Frontiers is in the process of launching. It is not associated with Nature Publishing Group’s open-access imprint Frontiers, as far as I can tell. The journal is ambitious and makes many promises to prospective authors, promises I am not sure they can keep. For example, the journal promises […]
One of the newest scholarly open-access publishers is Pyrex Journals. It launched recently with ten broad-scoped journals. And it has a twin. Although the publisher’s “contact us” page does not list any physical location, it is easy to figure out that this publisher is based in Nigeria’s Delta State. I’ve learned that it’s customary in […]
denverjeffreyPyrex JournalsPyrex beakerDonnish Journals
Scholoxy is an India-based scholarly publisher of six medical journals. The publisher is a massive spammer, and it includes a medical journal with an unscientific title. The publisher describes itself using poorly-edited English: Scholoxy Publications tend to publish quality articles on the current ongoing research in the field of Bioscience and Medicine. We as e-publishers, […]
denverjeffreyScholoxyHyperplasia of CancerDario Marchetti, Scholoxy
Progress in Physics is an open-access journal that publishes articles unsuitable for mainstream physics journals. Among other roles, it provides desperate authors, some of whom have been blacklisted from arXiv, a place to publish their work. At least this journal — which should not be confused with the respected journals Progress of Theoretical Physics and Reports on […]
denverjeffreyProgress in PhysicsChromium_spectrum_visible
Another day, another report of a junk science article published by China-based publisher Scientific Research Publishing, or SCIRP. This publisher specializes in publishing junk cosmology and junk physics, but with this article, the publisher is branching out into junk medical science, specifically AIDS denialism. The article is entitled “Basic Principles Underlying Human Physiology” , and […]
denverjeffreyAIDS DenialismSCIRP empire logos
OMICS Group, the Hyderabad, India-based group of scholarly publishing-related companies, is expanding and now operates at least twelve publishing imprints (brands), as well as a scholarly conferences division. It is headed by a dubious character who seems intent on conquering all of scholarly publishing and who may be a megalomaniac. Here I present an update […]
denverjeffreyOMICS GroupUnited Scientific GroupSrinubabu Gedela